Pages

Followers

Friday 7 May 2010

Love Notes







I finished making this box a couple of days ago. The top I did 2 or 3 weeks ago and I just got around to finishing the bottom, when I popped over to Gingersnaps and found that their challenge was "Read". I thought that this might fit the theme well as I made the box as a place to keep Love Notes. Does my husband send me love notes.......... does he hell! lol! but a girl can dream :-)

I started off with a chipboard like box. I used a mould for the metal work and then put some black acrylic paint over the metal and wiped off the excess. I went around the edges of the metal with a little wheel thingy tool and then cut the metal in half so I could cover two corners.

I used Terra on the center of the lid and stamped in to it. I then painted over the terra once dry and used some bronze metal paint and glimmer mists.

I then added some embellishments to match the stamp and love theme.

The bottom of the box is covered with bronze paints and then I have used a stencil and sprayed with Misters.

All in all I think it worked quite well. I showed my husband the box and said it would be nice to have something to put in to it. He said "I really like the box" and carried on with what he was doing, bless him MEN! .....

I would love your comments............. on the box lol not my husband :-) xx
Thanks for looking xx

7 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh, this is DIVINE!!!! Sorry not been by for a while, that box unpacking lark is getting a bit silly now ROFL... loving all the rest of the lush stuff you have been making too hun... have a goodly weekend xxx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

stunning. Lynne M

2amscrapper said...

gorgeous box for those love notes!

Amy said...

amazing box..I'd love to read some love letters..it's been a long time since I've gotten any....

Katy said...

Lovely work. Thanks for playing along with Gingersnaps!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Your box is gorgeous!! And I love your interpretation of the GC "read" challenge... now to transform our husbands into those lovely Victorian gents we read about... LOL!

Neet said...

I love your box but must admit I got a lot of fun out of reading your blog comments which accompanied the pictures. What a terrific sense of humour. Good luck with the Love notes???