Pages

Followers

Saturday 25 June 2011

Creative Expressions Calling Card Challenge

Hi there crafty peeps!

Here is a card I made for the Creative Expressions Calling Card Challenge! Pop over to Creative Expressions for details. I have listed below the items you will need to make it and some instructions. I would love to see if you joined in! Leave me a message and I will come and have a look xx








You will need:-


8in by 8in card

Embossing folder

Tim Holtz stamp set

Idea-Ology

Buttons

Coredinations card

ATC Blank

Twine/raffia

Clock parts

Clock faces

2 Distress ink pads

Stazon ink in black

Distress stickles

Glue

Crackle accents

1. Ink the edges of an 8 by 8 inch card with Tea Die Distress Ink.

2. Ink over the Tea die ink in the same way with Vintage photo distress ink to get two tones.

3. Do the same with the ATC, I used a stamp board ATC to give some dimension.

4. Take a piece of Coredination card, cut to size. Make it a colour which tones in but is different in colour to stand out. Choose an embossing folder, I chose a stunning folder from Creative Expressions, with gears and clocks.

5. Put though your die cut/embossing machine. When embossed, sand it a little then go over the card with Vintage photo ink to blend the tone a bit more.

6. Stamp your chosen stamps on to the edge of the stamp blank and the ATC as shown above in Black Stazon. I then over stamped to give a shadow effect with distress tea die ink. Do the same with the ATC.

7. Mount the embossed card on to the card blank and add your embellishments as shown above. I have highlighted the "LIFE" using Tim Holtz fragments on both the card and the ATC. I then added the gears and clock parts. I made a hole in the ATC and put a chain in it to attach the the embellishment of raffia and Tim Holtz tag. You can use whatever takes your fancy! I have used Crackle accents to stick down the clear clock face, it gives it some interest

8. I then finished off with some distress stickles! Well why not! lol xx


I hope you have enjoyed looking at my card. I'm off to find some other challenges to enter my card in to!


Tina xx

Challenges:-
Darling Cardmakers - Something Old something new from your stash (new Embossing folder/Old raffia)
Inspire me Fridays - Anything goes
Mama Doodles - Heavy Metal
Sew Many Cards - Dry embossing
Southern Girls - Anything goes
Post a Comment